Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bike Accident Victim (186/365)

Special Exemption Today
***Application of the Deloney Rule in Effect***

Bike Accident Victim:
Thirty-five years ago, Cyndi and I hit, no actually we smashed dead center into an older Yiddish lady. We were on our way home from the beach riding west on Devon Avenue. The lady was burdened down with age, arthritis and groceries; Cyndi and I with youth, silliness and sandy suits. Cyndi, is and always has been a magnet for mishap and Pratt falls. She was driving the blue Schwinn tandem when we plowed into the little old Yiddish woman, knocking her off her elderly feet. Her gnarled fists raised in anger, while she remained sprawled on the sidewalk for what seemed like forever. We stood frozen on the sidewalk, stunned and speechless. Her image still pops into my head whenever I realize I've done something totally inappropriate. Her angry face is with me after all these years. She's one of those songs I just can't get out of my head. And maybe that is a good thing! She keeps me grounded.


*** Deloney Rule= Word Limit? What Word Limit?

1 comment:

Indigo Bunting said...

Wow. And now it's an image that will stay with me.